20 Août Territory Sales Manager – KIEL, WI USA
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible to promote the company and the sale of our company products. The person will participate with preparation of sales and budget forecasts, develop quotations, promotional programs, trade fairs and scheduling of business travel. Also, the person is to develop new accounts and maintain current accounts through direct contact, correspondence and promotional programs. The person must have a general understanding of all phases of international marketing, company policies and department objectives. All are essential in the performance of the Territory Sales Manger’s duties. The Territory Sales Manager will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Respond with direct correspondence or other means of communication to initial inquiries.
- Prospect the potential market in the assigned area.
- Research and develop an understanding of business cultures within assigned sales areas
- Develop promotional correspondence and quotations per the customer’s needs.
- Analyze customer client needs, prepare technical information and submit quotations.
- Conduct technical and commercial discussions, negotiate prices, terms, and deadlines, and finalize order specifications.
- Travel up to 50% of the time to client and customer’s locations.
- Attend Trade shows, attend meetings and discussions, maintain follow-up and develop accounts.
- Build customer loyalty, communicate with customers regularly, and entertain them when possible.
- Ensure customer relations and act is as liaison between them and our company.
- Sell all the product lines of HolwegWeber Group according to the needs of the prospect or produces specifications if the product is to be adapted.
- Utilize internal resources and have a good working relationship with other coworkers.
- Formalize orders (internal) in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Attend business meetings, which will involve various levels of management and others.
- Have working knowledge of appropriate company policies and procedures (internal).
- Speak another language fluently.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all company products, their functions, capabilities and applications.
- Maintain proper records and reports and report market trends and activity of our competitors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires education generally equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with courses in Sales, Marketing, or Business Administration plus a broad sales/marketing experience of five or more years preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical specifications and procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to use statistical problem solving skills to forecast future sales potential. Ability to apply concepts of algebra.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Design software; and Database software.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Requires the ability to operate various office equipment to include a computer, calculator and copier. Requires the ability to travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee may be required to travel up 50%.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is an office like setting with the extended computer use. The position is primarily an office-based position with regular visits to the plant floor. When on the plant floor, large machines may be loud. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.