09 Fév Mechanical Engineer – KIEL, WI USA
H.G. Weber is looking to expand its offerings by adding an engineer position to its growing business. The successful candidate will develop, design, test, and support a line of converting and packaging equipment. The Mechanical/Packaging Engineer should have experience in a related field and a history in Research and Development. This candidate should show up with new ideas ready to implement, as well as desire to learn and support a long history of paper bag processing equipment.
The ideal candidate will :
- Have a demonstrable history of design from concept to detailing of industrial machinery.
- Be a proficient user of Solidworks CAD program.
- Responsible for the accuracy of design and the quality of the final detailed drawings.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of and comply with local and national codes (i.e. ANSI, OSHA, NEC, etc.) and company standards for design and safety.
- Responsible for the application of manufacturing and engineering standards, as well as appropriate product and component standards in the area of product responsibilities.
- Will participate in the design review process for all assigned projects.
- Will participate in the design estimation process, which includes determining the feasibility of design, estimates design times required, assembly time, test time and project costs.
- Coordinate and perform testing of new technologies.
- Correct design problems, errors or inaccuracies found in design. Processes Non-Conforming Material Reports, Engineering Change Notices, and Engineering Change Requests when required.
- Help coordinate and oversee purchase of packaging equipment or contract engineering.
- Work well as a team, with ability to delegate aspects of design process
- Work well independently with attention to deadlines with minimal direction.
- Have desire to make a lasting impact on an established industry
- Project management experience is a plus
The successful candidate will hold a Mechanical Engineering degree and have at minimum 5 years of related experience. Experience with project management is a plus! H.G. Weber will consider all candidates based on experience, background and potential. Salary is commensurate with experience.
About H.G. Weber and Company, Inc. :
H.G. Weber, a part of the Holweg Weber Group, is a 91 year old company built on small-town values. We design, engineer, manufacture & service paper bag machinery globally. The average tenure of our employees is over 20 years! Those who join us, stay! We are a forward thinking company designing tomorrow’s equipment today.
We offer :
Generous vacation & 12 paid holidays annually
Low deductible Med/Den/Vis
401K with generous company match