20 Août Assemblers – KIEL, WI USA
The Assembler is responsible for producing and assembling machine(s) and machine parts according to company specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Reads and follows blueprints, routers, specifications and other instructions in order to build and assemble parts and equipment in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Performs layout work from component blueprints
- Utilizes and practices all safety requirements and procedures.
- Assemble, wire, test machines, assemblies and components utilizing established standards and codes.
- Operates overhead crane and fork trucks while moving and assembling product.
- Prepare parts for painting.
- Operates hand tools and finishing tools for the manufacturing processes while operating machine tool with varied cycle times.
- Operates multiple machine tools simultaneously; Utilizes jigs and fixtures in the machining process
- Plan, perform and inspect a variety of assembly functions including sub-assembly and bench assembly
- Operates assembly equipment and tools.
- Performs welding operations and plasma cutting as necessary
- Prepare and apply finish coatings to products for product protection and aesthetics enhancements per specs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires prior manufacturing/machining practices/experience.
- Requires mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to make metric system conversions.
- Prior knowledge of assembly practices/experiences.
- Must have the ability to read and understand blueprints, electrical schematics, and other manufacturing instructions.
- Must be familiar with portable power tool and machine tools such as drill press, bandsaw, cut-off saw and grinder.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees.
- Technical training in the applicable job function.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to sit and use foot/feet to operation machinery. The incumbent will regularly talk and listen, climb or balance and reach and lift above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. He/she will frequently stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or touch, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and move from place to place. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Typically subject to loud machinery. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.