02 Sep Service Manager – KIEL, WI USA
Under the direction of the Director of Sales and Marketing, the Service Manager is responsible for leading HG Weber’s service efforts in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage all aspects of the Service Business within HG Weber. Develop and execute strategic and annual plans for the Service Department that align with company plans. Ensure budgets are met. Prioritize, schedule, and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the Service team to ensure customer satisfaction while achieving company safety, delivery, employee, and financial expectations.
- Develop standard service metrics and then ensure we exceed expectations for those metrics, which would include phone and on-site response time, utilization, on time visits, customer satisfaction.
- Proactively communicate with customers to develop interest in company services, which include on-site service, parts, retrofits, upgrades, accessories, PMs, and Service Contracts.
- Develop new service products that align with customer needs and company expectations.
- Evaluate staff and ensure Service Team is well trained in both technical and soft skills to support customer satisfaction and company objectives.
- Ensure team has the tools they need to be safe, effective and efficient.
- Review and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction through surveys and direct contact. Ensure issues are addressed through company CIP (continuous improvement program) or some other way.
- Lead the recovery of any customer dissatisfaction through realistic plans and regular communications.
- Ensure accuracy of quotes, orders, invoices, reports and data entry into company systems.
- Develop and implement customer service Standard Operating Policies and Procedures and ensure communication and compliance.
- Review parts shortages with purchasing and adjust schedules as necessary.
- Act as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems; analyze and resolve work challenges and assist workers in solving work problems.
- Maintain departmental supplies, tools, equipment, and order as necessary.
- Be a recognized leader in the organization while demonstrating and communicating the company values.
- Communicate regularly with Service team to ensure they are informed on company objectives and progress, while also obtaining feedback from staff to provide to leadership team.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required to support customer and team.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree and one to two years related experience; or two years of college and three to five years of progressively responsible related experience; or four years of high school and seven to ten years of progressively responsible related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
Proven people management/leadership skills
Technically capable of understanding the product range
Strong organizational, analytical, and communications skills
Financial acumen. Ability to work with P and L and balance sheet items
Goal Oriented, and a strong bias for action. Ability to set and achieve aggressive goals.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, production schedules, service schedules, purchase orders, maintenance instructions, service manuals, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, procedure manuals, and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors and other employees of the organization. Ability to present ideas, processes, and concepts during departmental and company meetings.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of specifications and information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to work with upset customers and stressful situations and communicate clearly and professionally to diffuse the situation and deliver a reasonable solution.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Presenting at meetings and communicating in a positive and professional manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, carrying and moving parts, materials, and product. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.