Field Technician – HolwegWeber Molsheim, France
Under the direction of the Customer Service Manager, the Field Service Technician will be responsible for the installation, training, preventative and corrective maintenance on bag making and related machines in industrial environments, and for contributing to the ongoing development of the products and support team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Maintain and provide troubleshooting expertise to our customers to ensure 100 percent customer satisfaction.
- Meet our customer demands and support our products worldwide by traveling particularly in Europe, North and South America and Middle East.
- Making decisions within the framework of applied technology and formulates new approaches and techniques for the solution of technical problems encountered in design.
- Interact with customers and coworkers at a professional level and work independently.
- Stay poised and controlled under potentially stressful situations.
- Provide technical support to all members of the Field Service team.
- Perform customer services, including troubleshooting, repair and field installations of standard and customer products.
- Having a strong working knowledge of customer processes to address application issues at any time during the lifecycle of the equipment you service.
- Design, develop and present introductory level technical training programs.
- Provide on-site training to customers.
- Provide technical support to customers via telephone, text, or email.
- Provide support to Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales as required.
- Provide documentation and reports upon completion of each assigned job.
- Promote and sell service contracts, preventative maintenance, remote support, spare parts, upgrades, retrofits, and the like, that ensure the optimum solution for our customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Requires minimum of a technical diploma in a related field and a strong technical background. At least five years of relatable electrical and mechanical experience is required.
Fluency in English is required.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot industrial machines.
- Electrical wiring and troubleshooting.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with experience utilizing standard tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical specifications, professional journals, blueprints, mechanical layouts, electronic schematics, and detailed drawings.
- Ability to write reports and documentation. Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, customers, and other employees of the organization. Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to explain to customers the technical operation, and operating principles of equipment.
- Good time management skills.
- Good computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and any software required to support our products.
- Requires a valid passport and driver’s license.