Field Service Engineer HolwegWeber – Kiel, WI
Under the direction of the Sales and Marketing Manager, the Field Service Engineer will be responsible for the installation, training, preventative and corrective maintenance on bag making and related machines in industrial environments, and for contributing to the ongoing development of the products and support team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Maintain and provide troubleshooting expertise to our customers to ensure 100 percent customer satisfaction.
- Flexibility to meet our customer demands by traveling extensively; typical travel expectation is 80 percent of time, but up to 100 percent travel may be required to support our products worldwide.
- Ability to work paid overtime (excess of 40 hours/week) with little or no notice to fulfill our customer’s business needs.
- Makes decisions within the framework of applied technology; formulates new approaches and techniques for the solution of technical problems encountered in design.
- Ability to interact with customers and coworkers at a professional level and ability to work independently.
- Ability to stay poised and controlled under potentially stressful situations.
- Ability to provide technical support to all members of the Field Service team.
- Perform customer services, including troubleshooting, repair and field installations of standard and customer products.
- Have a strong working knowledge of customer processes to address application issues at any time during the lifecycle of the equipment you service.
- Presentation skills provide formal and informal on-site training to customers and as a part of formal training programs.
- Ability to design, develop and present introductory level technical training programs.
- Provide technical support to customers via telephone, text, or email.
- Provide support to Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales as required.
- Provide documentation and reports upon completion of each assigned job.
- Ability to promote and sell service contracts, preventative maintenance, remote support, spare parts, upgrades, retrofits, and the like, that ensure the optimum solution for our customers.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires minimum of a technical diploma in a related field. At least five years of relatable electrical and mechanical experience is preferred, but not required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical specifications, professional journals, and blueprints. Ability to write reports and documentation. Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, customers, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to function independently and within a team.
Requires a valid passport and driver’s license
Strong technical background
Ability to read mechanical layouts and detailed drawings
Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot industrial machines including microprocessor and PLC equipment
PLC programming experience
Electrical wiring and troubleshooting
Ability to read and understand electronic schematics
Ability to read and understand customer control system displays
Strong mechanical aptitude with experience utilizing standard tools
Ability to explain to customers the technical operation, and operating principles of equipment
Excellent verbal communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent written communication skills
Good time management skills
Good computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and any software required to support our products
Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently and for extended periods of time required to sit/stand/walk/climb and use hands to finger, handle, walk steps, ability to work at heights either through use of ladders or customer erected scaffolding. Employee will touch objects, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach above shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move parts, components, and manuals weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. When on the shop/customer floor, large machines may be loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally loud. Use of PPE equipment as the job demands to include but not limited to hardhat, coverall, protective gloves, safety footwear and glasses Ability to work in a physically demanding environment at customer facilities.